One VTB triaxial vibration sensor mounted on each end of the engine near the crankshaft.
Unique Application Benefits:
- Built-in automatic sensor test verification and diagnostics insures machine monitoring point accuracy, precision, and system reliability
- Built-in temperature sensor to detect insufficient liquid coolant or flow of oil to prevent excessive internal block damage and subsequent failure
- Excessive machine casing vibration and/or temperature
- Abnormal process equipment housing and engine block vibration
- Vibration analysis will provide valuable spectra information on engine mechanical faults. Specially designed algorithms are available to provide detection of power cylinder impact severity (mechanical looseness) associated with intake/discharge valves, internal crosshead lift/pin reversal, and piston rod load reversal
- Power cylinder pre-detonation and detonation(engine knock)
- Process equipment protection and condition monitoring diagnostics
- Overall machinery vibration monitoring or user defined band-pass filters to customize the vibration monitoring for the type of process equipment or application, e.g., turbochargers
- Unique vibration signature (x,y, and z vibration spectra) for each monitoring point can be compared to past records or other similarly located machines to insure optimal machine performance and reliability.